Thursday 29 September 2011

Model Making: Laser Cut Wind Turbine

I have several projects on the go at the moment, but I am also aware that I haven't posted anything in over a week.

So just to let everyone know that I am still here...

My son (at school) has just been talking about different forms of energy production and as usual his keen interest in fans and propellers (yes, he has always been interested in them), has asked me to make him a model of a wind turbine.

This is a fairly rough model, it only took about an hour to build.

Laser cut MDF wind turbine.


The main tower, beneath the generator nacelle, stands 300mm high.

I don't think I will be using any of these on my wargaming table so it is unlikely that I will refine the model any more. Still, I will keep the file in case I decided to build a model wind farm...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is jonathan, I liked the design of the turbine, could you share your design, for me to create it in the laser cutter ?, thank you ...... Jonathanpintopedrero@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't share my designs.

    It is a very simple model. Try to design one yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...