Between mid-September and Mid-October Jeff Wilhelm of Dragon Forge Design ran a base design competition.
I thought I would give it a go and I knocked up a couple of 50mm steampunk style cog and gear bases. I sent in the photos and Jeff emailed me back to discuss working together on a few things.
However, I then waited for him to announce who had won the Base Design competition, which he has not done. I then emailed him to follow up on the initial discussions that we had. He has not got back to me… So I am assuming that he no-longer wants to take the projects any further. As such I have decided to show the bases I made on here.
The bases are made of 2mm acrylic sheet and epoxy putty. They are ready for casting and should have no air pockets, so should survive the mould-making process.
At the moment I haven’t decided what I am going to do with them. I may get them manufactured myself and sell them via the website. The other possibility is that I will sell them on. So if you are a base maker and fancy a couple of 50mm steampunk bases please let me know. I would be happy to expand the range, if anyone is interested…