The I finish off the construction of the Mausoleum I have decided that I need a little more decoration on in. In particular, the pediment needs something to make it stand out.
I hunted around on Google for a few photos of pediments. Found one or two that I liked and adjusted the dimensions to fit my building. I played around with the contrast, to hopefully make the figures stand out a little, and then laser cut them. As you can see from the following photo, the results are mixed. The figures look OK, but they are still very two dimensional.
I ran the file again, doing the engraving twice and also cutting out around the edge of the figures. I am much happier with this so I went ahead and glued it in place.
Once that was done I gave the whole roof a coating of thinned down tiling grout, as I had done with the rest of the building.
Next step, give the whole thing a very light sanding.
Then it is on to the painting!