With the main structure of the building in place I have moved on to so detailing now.
I spent an evening gluing bricks on to the base and defining edges. I think these add a nice bit of character to the building. On a practical level they also hide the joins and give a bit of extra strength to the whole structure.
On the sides you can see I have added some fine brickwork around the drain/skylights.
The bricks are stuck on in a fairly crude and sometime uneven way. This is intentional and will settle down once I get to the next stage.
Once the bricks had dried in place I brushed on a good layer of watered down tiling grout.
This is deal for filling gaps between the bricks (which is more or less what it is designed for anyway). It has a slightly gritty texture which also helps to give a masonry feel to the structure.
Once, dry I will give the whole model a light sanding down with 400grit wet and dry paper, just to even out the texture a little.
I also need to build the stairs for the back door. For a bit of variation I am considering building a slightly rotted wooden stair.
The inside of the mausoleum will be left fairly plain. I may not fix the actual tomb inside, so that i can use the building for more than one purpose, once it is complete.