Saturday, 7 November 2015

Warbears and Stagriders - Painting a couple of new Minis (Part 03)

Part 01, Part 2

It's been a week, very little hobby time at all. No work on my Frostgrave project or anything else. Last I finally got a chance to do some painting.
As the Warbears and Stag Riders Kickstarter has started now I really need to get these figures finished off!

I did manage to do a bit of research this week, and get a better idea of the colour scheme for the stag.
I found THIS article about Mongolian nomads that ride reindeer.

So I have lightened up my stag a little and I am happy with the body colour now.

 I still need to work on the antlers some more and darken them down quite a bit.

 The rider, obviously need quite a bit more work.

As for the warbear, I have added a lot more shading to the underside of the bear.

I have also finished off the mouth and taken most of the red away, adding the dark grey/black skin colour mouth and nose. I am really pleased with the result.

 The rider and saddle have also received some attention. I have finished adding the base colours to all the areas on it now and I am starting to work up the tones.


The cloak looks particularly rough at the moment, but should improve with some more work.

My wife is on night shift for the next two nights, so once the boys are in bed I am hoping to move these forward quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...