Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Warbears and Stagriders - Painting a couple of new Minis (Part 04)

More detailing work on the two Warbears and Stag Riders Kickstarter figures.

Starting with the Stag rider, I like the pennant on the spear, but I felt that it looked a little plain with just the black colour. I was tempted to do each piece a different colour (black and purple), but decided to do a purple stripe down each one instead. This was certainly not the easy option, as maintaining a steady line along the two wavy legs was not easy. I had to break out a new Kolinsky sable brush especially for this job...

I also worked in some more detail on the figure, tidying things up and getting a bit of contrast to bring out the detail.

The skin tones on the rider also got a lot more detail and tonal work. Once I have finished these figures, I will get some better photos that don't bleach the paler colours.

I am happy with the finish on the warbear now. The colour scheme on the rider is simple, but the tonal work brings it out quite well.

Now that the figure is finished I have moved on to detailing the base. I painted the earth a darker shade and have also dry brushed the slate to bring out some of the detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...