Monday 26 October 2015

Aberdeen Model Railway Exhibition 2015

I took my sons along to the annual model railway exhibition in Aberdeen over the weekend.

The Show is put on by Aberdeen Model Rail Club, and even though I am not a model train guy I enjoy going along for a look at the scenic layouts and also to visit the Squires Tools stand.

I must admit I wasn't really in the mood for enjoying the sights but there were some very good layouts with lots of nice scenic work (which is my real interest at this show).

One of the more interesting layouts was a Lego table with trains that visitors could control and a quiz to spot the Lego characters. My boys had fun with this one...


There were  quite a few decent scenic displays. I haven't got much to say about them other than enjoy!










My sons also enjoyed the ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle) football display put on by Robert Gordon University Engineering dept.


There was also a large display of finished models of all shapes and sizes.


Aberdeen Wargames Club had three tables this year. First up is the Napoleonic game...


Next a 15mm Mons Graupius game that was beautifully painted.


Finally there was a Battle for Berlin game using Bolt Action.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...