Friday 30 October 2015

Frostgrave Scenery Project Part 10

 
It's been a very busy week this week so I haven't had much chance to do any work on either the terrain or my warband.
 
As the Wizards Tower approaches completion I have been planning the next. This one will be the Mausoleum. 
A square building with four doors, one on each wall. I am planning to have a door on the front and back and some damage on the other two walls that will allow egress by the zombies.
 
I want this building to have something of a classical look to it so I have been looking for some suitable columns. I have searched quite a few shops locally for wedding cake columns. I have seen them in the past and have bought a few for various jobs. This time though I didn't find any.

So, I decided to 3D print some instead. I did a quick a search on Thingyverse and found a few suitable ones. I settled on a simple fluted column with a Corinthian capital. While I was on Thingyverse I found a 3D scanned file of a tomb, this seemed like useful addition to the mausoleum. I printed the lot, and did the tomb at two different sizes so that I can decide which looks best once the building is up.
 

 The rough layout will be something like this...


 
 I hope to get some more done on the Wizards Tower over the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looking great already, a 3d printer sounds like a very useful piece of wargame hardware!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...