Friday 16 October 2015

Frostgrave Scenery Project Part 08

Part 01Part 02Part 03Part 04Part 05, Part 06, Part 7

Once all the basic colours had dried I gave the buildings a wash with thinned down burnt umber.
 

 I also painted the ladders with the burnt umber wash.
At this point I had come to the conclusion that I wasn't happy with the finish on the tower. It was too smooth and also the spiral join in the cardboard tube was far more visible than I had hoped  it would be at this stage.


My solution was to paint thinned down tiling grout over the entire tower. The grout is a grey colour so it will not need to be completely painted over, but I will need to darken it down a fair bit. The grout has a fine gritty texture and I have painted it quite a random way, so once I get some more paint and washes over it I hope the finish will be a little more successful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...