Friday 11 September 2015

Frostgrave Scenery Project 02

Following on from Part 01.

In my previous post I built the main structure of the the Wizards Tower. This time I am starting to add a little detail.


I have used some spruce strips, they are stronger and more durable than balsawood, however balsa would be a good alternative. I will need several ladders, and these can be tricky to make. I used two square section spruce strips for the sides and then cut the rungs from thin bamboo strips that I got from an old bamboo window blind.


The roof is not finished yet, I have more strips to add and then some tiles to add on top of that.


I used flat spruce strips for the floor of the bridge, and then built up the sides and supports.


I have also added some spruce joists to the underside of the floors in the tower.




I wanted to have some damage to the bridge, however it is quite high on the model and I didn't want figures falling off and ruining their paintwork so the simplest thing was to only have a small break in the hand rail!

The other side of the tower, I wanted to have a different style of bridge. This one will be a stone arched bridge.


I have used 5mm foam core for this.



Next time, I will be adding a more detailing and starting to disguise some of the card and foam core...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...