Friday 2 October 2015

Frostgrave Scenery Project 06

Part 01, Part 02, Part 03, Part 04, Part 05

Nearly finished the detailing.

I need to add a few more sets of ladders  to the tower and I haven't decided how figures will get up to the first floor of one of the houses yet...

The ladders are a bit fiddly to make, but as they are rough, old ones I really don't want them to look too neat anyway!


 Once the glue had dried on the ladders I popped them into the tower and the seem to fit just right!


Moving along, I need to add some tiles to the roof of one of the houses. I found a carton in our recycling that is made of fairly strong board. I cut it into strips and then started to cut random looking tiles from one edge. This was very time consuming and took me a couple of hours to get the effect I was after



 I glued them on in overlapping strips until they were about half way up the roof. Fortunately, being a ruin, I didn't have to go right to the top as that would have driven me round the bend, with all the time it took.


To disguise the top edges of the exposed strips I cut some individual tiles. 


Once stuck on they finish off the roof just right!


 I am nearly ready to start painting now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...