Monday 12 November 2018

Wargames Show: TARGE 2018

I went along to TARGE in Kirriemuir on Saturday. I had some stuff to sell at the Bring and Buy and was also hoping to get in a couple of participation games.



I have always enjoyed the Kirriemuir Wargames Shows, both originally SKELP and it's more recent replacement TARGE. However, this year it turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment. On a surface level, I don't have anything to complain about. I sold most of the stuff I took down and bought a couple of things that I hadn't expected (and still came away in profit on the day).

However, the display tables that were there were all very familiar and I had certainly seen most of them before. I can't really complain, it is the last show for the season, so most of these tables should be retired now, with new ones appearing for the next year, but it did make for a less interesting show.

There were also quite a few empty tables in both rooms. I don't know if this was down to participants not turning up, or the organiser overestimating what they needed. If it was the former, it is a shame, but if it was the latter, I feel it would have been better if the occupied tables had been spread out a little more.

I must admit, the whole show seemed extremely quiet this year. I held off taking the photo of the hall, hoping to get a shot of it looking busier, but it was very quiet all day.

My son and I also only managed to get in one participation game (the, always quality, Leuchars Veterans) Carry On Up The Khyber, which we had already played at Carronade earlier in the year.

Anyway, that is enough of my moaning, here is the photo dump:-






 Leuchars Veterans Carry On Up The Khyber game!


A lovely table with a Batman game on it. Unfortunately, the rules are apparently quite impenetrable, so the game was purely being run as a demo...


I really like the look of this table, it is very simple, but it catches the feel of the territory and works really well.






This Stalingrad table was lovingly produced with scratch built scenery and 3D printed vehicles.



 

This was an amzing collection of beautifully painted miniatures.



So, that is my very brief round up of TARGE 2018. Hopefully, it will be back to its normal standard next year, as I usually really enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. It's was a little quite but it was still enjoyable to chat to other gamers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...