Monday 11 November 2013

TARGE Wargames Show 2013

I went along to Targe 2013 on Saturday and had a most enjoyable day!

There were plenty of attractive tables on display, the Bring and Buy was well stocked and very busy and the selection of traders was also very good, with plenty of variety to spread ones spending.

I sold half of the items that I had put into the Bring and Buy, so I actually came away with more cash in my pocket than I arrived with too, so that was a boost!

Other than £3-4 spent on the Bring and Buy, all of my spending was with Crooked Dice (their first visit to Targe) and 4A Miniatures (they are so friendly I can't help but spend something there...).

Anyway, on to the photos.





















As you can see, the standard of t tables is exceptionally high, everyone has attractive scenics and they were all happy to talk about the displays and the battles going on.
I had my boys with me so i had to be quite choosy about where my time went, so I only got to sit in on one demo game, a futuristic race game on a beautiful laser cut circuit. However, it turned out to be a great choice, as both my boys really enjoyed it, oh and I won...


I came away from Targe feeling re-invigorated towards the hobby, and got straight back into putting some minis together, something i haven't done for a couple of months. I plan to do some painting over the next few days too. So hopefully I will have something to show off before too long.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Glad to hear you had fun! I'm sad that I missed Targe this year. I managed to get to Skelp last month but was really disappointed by it to be honest, the turn out was pretty poor and the demos were decidedly iffy which even featured a load of unpainted miniatures. Compared to last time I visited a few years back, it seems to have gone really downhill which is a real shame!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...